AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Xcel Energy has released its sustainability report for the year.
The company said one its main goals is carbon reduction.
Since 2005, Xcel said they have been able to get 51% carbon reduction from the electricticty provided to customers.
The report also showed that wind power accounted for 32% of our energy needs during 2020 and another 2% came from solar energy.
The company continues saying since 2005 the company has reduced water consumption by 34% and a strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from its natural gas business, with its ongoing investment of $1.4 billion in system upgrades that aims to help Xcel Energy achieve its goal to keep methane emissions below .2%.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- One arrested after police chase ends in crash on north Mirror Street
- What to know about child tax credits ahead of July 15th
- Gov. Abbott signed more than 1K bills this session. Here are the 20 he vetoed.
- ‘Probably going to get me’: ‘Friends’ actor says he has prostate cancer
- Woman hit by 3 vehicles, killed while crossing road