AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Xcel Energy is dedicating this week to its essential frontline workers.
According to a press release, more than 6,000 employees have continued doing their essential work in service centers, power generating plants, and in the field without missing a beat.
Xcel is hosting Covid-safe activities in the states it serves and providing free meals for their employees to show their appreciation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- COVID poses added risks to pregnant women, study says
- Earth Day 2021: Here’s how NASA is studying the planet
- It’s not too late to see the Lyrid meteor shower
- Man accused of hitting hotel worker in head with horseshoe, microwaving fire extinguisher
- ‘Adding immigration judges on the border is key’—Sen. Cornyn, Congressmen Cuellar, Gonzales announce bill aimed to alleviate migrant influx