AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Xcel Energy announced a new Amazon Alexa skill, or voice app, that allows customers to manage their account and track their energy use.
Xcel Energy said the new Alexa skill allows customers to check their bill balance, compare their energy usage to last year, and be reminded of their payment due date. By enabling the free Amazon Alexa app, customers can say “Amazon, link my Xcel Energy account” to get started. Alexa will send customers an email to finish linking their account.
“We are excited to be collaborating with Amazon on this project to deliver the most user-friendly
experience to our customers,” said Brett Carter, executive vice president and chief customer and
innovation officer for Xcel Energy. “We continually strive to find new ways to serve our customers better, and this technology is a great addition which will only get more sophisticated over time.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Gas prices are falling slightly across the High Plains
- Midland man charged with murder after argument with wife turns deadly, unborn baby killed
- Iowa father, son charged in U.S. Capitol riot: ‘One of the first ones inside’
- Video shows gator stumble into chair, walk up to door of Florida home
- Georgia supermarket cashier shot to death, deputy wounded in mask dispute: sheriff