CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The University Police Department reports an alleged sexual assault occurred on campus in a residential facility over the weekend.
UPD said on Monday, April 19, they received information from another local police agency of a reported sexual assault alleged to have occurred on campus.
According to the UPD the victim reported to a UPD Detective that the victim was awakened from sleep Saturday morning, April 17, being sexually assaulted by a known male subject the victim had socialized with earlier in the evening. UPD is investigating the allegations. Local and university resources were made available to the victim. The Title IX office was notified of the reported incident.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Xcel Energy: Power supply ready for peak demand in the Panhandle
- Can my employer ask if I have received the COVID-19 vaccine? What you need to know
- Texas takes community approach to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Montgomery 1-month-old killed by blunt force trauma
- Kevin Lake retiring Friday after long tenure as Panola County sheriff