CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Officials with West Texas A&M University sent out a “Buff Alert” which reported that a burglary had taken place on Tuesday at an apartment complex on campus.
Officials detailed that on Tuesday the University Police Department (UPD) responded to a call at McCaslin Apartments located at 2402 Fourth Ave. on a burglary.
The report, according to officials, said that a “known person” entered an apartment without permission and took several items. Officials added that neither the victim nor the suspect were WT students.
UPD continues to investigate the reported incident.
WT officials released the following safety tips in case of a break-in:
- Lock all outside doors and windows before leaving your home;
- Ensure all locks are in proper working order;
- Don’t share your location on social media;
- If you return home to find an unexplained open/broken window or door, do not enter and contact the police;
- Do not touch or clean up until the police have inspected for evidence;
- If you notice anything suspicious in your neighborhood call 9-1-1 immediately.