AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – On Thursday at around 5 p.m., a police pursuit began in Castro County and ended near Elm Road in Hale County.
Castro County, Parmer County, and Lamb County deputies were involved. Officers claim that they pursued a vehicle trying to evade arrest.
Officers further claim that during the chase the driver waved an object out of the window, attempted to run vehicles off of the roadway, and attempted to strike officers trying to spike the vehicle’s tires.
Christina Salcido, 37, of Amarillo was taken into custody. DPS has not yet released further details.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Halloween weekend weather outlook
- Texas Online Overtime | Season 2 – Week 10
- San Diego County using Día de los Muertos to honor COVID-19 victims
- Tijuana trick-or-treaters and Halloween party-goers told to stay home
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally