AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — KAMR Local 4 and Fox 14 staff have been wearing pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
According to the American Cancer Society, when breast cancer is detected early and is in the localized stage, the five-year relative survival rate is 99%.
On-air talent wearing pink is intended to show support and help encourage women to get screened with yearly mammograms.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Car crashes through fence near Oakdale Elementary School
- Biden orders 200 million more COVID-19 vaccine doses to boost US supply
- Biden oath second only to Reagan and Obama with TV viewers
- 5 things you didn’t know about Super Bowl betting
- National Guard to conduct COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Sherman residents