AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — KAMR Local 4 and Fox 14 staff have been wearing pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
According to the American Cancer Society, when breast cancer is detected early and is in the localized stage, the five-year relative survival rate is 99%.
On-air talent wearing pink is intended to show support and help encourage women to get screened with yearly mammograms.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Parler can now return to App Store, Apple says in letter to senator
- How has COVID changed education? Innovation through Crisis with Certiport.
- The New Mexico Dept. of Health announce COVID-19 vaccine registration process
- No, vaccine side effects don’t tell you how well your immune system will protect you from COVID-19
- House burns on Cline Road, draws multiple crews