AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The City of Amarillo briefed the community on the COVID-19 pandemic at 11 a.m.
Firstly, officials reported that the Amarillo metro area is leading the nation in vaccination rates. City Officials encourage residents to keep up with vaccine availability and dose tracking through amarilloalerts.com.
Northwest Texas Healthcare reported 51 COVID-19 positive patients, with 22 in the ICU and nine of those on ventilators.
BSA Healthcare System reported 64 COVID-19 positive patients, with 28 in the ICU and 14 on ventilators.
The VA reported four COVID-19 positive cases, with two in the ICU.
Although numbers in the area are trending downwards, City Officials still ask the community to be diligent in practicing social distancing, hygiene, and mask wearing. They also continue to encourage the community to receive vaccinations when available.
The Public Health Drive-Thru remains operational, and test site directions can be gained through calling 378-6300. The Outpatient Infusion Center also remains open.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: ISS space-walk with American and Japanese astronauts
- Get the corn, potatoes and water boiling, because its crawfish season!
- Can you spread coronavirus after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Lawmaker pushes for 3rd time to make Bible the state book of Tennessee
- ‘Satan’ says he was flirting, trying to get a date on Boston subway