AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The annual Amarillo Prayer Breakfast has gone virtual this year, but it has been a Tuesday before Thanksgiving tradition for 31 years.
This year’s featured speaker is Daron Babcock. Aptly described by D Magazine as “The Rogue Shepherd,” the Panhandle native left his mid-six-figure job and home to found Bonton Farms in South Dallas.
At Bonton Farms, Daron gives people work so they can build resumes and get other jobs. Bonton Farms provides food for the neighborhood and a place of respite for people who find themselves in need.
More information about the event can be found here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- DHS: Biden administration will pause some US deportations for 100 days
- Biden releases national virus strategy, requires mask use for travel
- One person dies in Hereford vehicle rollover
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers ‘Fugitive of the Week’ – Luis Garcia, Jr.
- Levelland school bus driver creates ‘memory bears’ for those who have lost someone