BORGER, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – UPDATE: The Borger Police Department reported on their Facebook page that Rudy Pena Jr. was taken into custody late Tuesday evening.
Borger Police said it was a cooperative effort of the BPD, Hutchinson County S.O., Hutchinson County Constable Pct 1 & 2, Randall County SWAT, the North Texas Fugitive Task Force, Homeland Security Investigations Amarillo and Texas DPS.
Original Post: A warrant has been issued for the arrest of 26 year old Rudy Pena Jr. of Borger, with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, said the Borger Police Department.
This warrant, said BPD, stems from the incident earlier today at 2nd and Bryan. The shooting resulted in the hospitalization of two people, and led to the lockdown of a local elementary school.
Said BPD, “The truck pictured is also of interest, as it was reportedly used in the shooting.”
Anyone with information on the location of Rudy Pena Jr. or the truck is asked to call Borger PD at 806-273-0930.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Area Girls Texas UIL High School State Golf Tournament Results
- Amarillo High Student Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
- Video shows fighter’s incredible knockout kick in first-ever MMA fight
- Man accused of buying $58K SUV with stolen ID, posing for photo at dealership
- Amarillo City Council held a special meeting at the Civic Center