POTTER COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – According to TxDOT Amarillo’s announcement, US 87 northbound is closed at John Ray Creek, due to an accident.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, one person died during a ‘vehicle vs. pedestrian’ crash early this morning.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area, this morning.
UPDATE: TxDOT announced that traffic is now moving in the area.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hideki Matsuyama wins the Masters to become first Japanese major champion
- Gov. Ralph Northam orders Virginia State Police to conduct independent investigation regarding Windsor traffic stop incident
- Georgia becomes third state to shut down Johnson & Johnson vaccine site: report
- Amarillo TxDOT “Know Before You Go” April 11-April 17 road closure report
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center hosting virtual cancer screening beginning Monday, April 12