AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – United Supermarkets and Market Street are set to donate 4,200 pounds of apples to the High Plains Food Bank this morning (April 27).
Said the Company, “Now in its eleventh year, this donation marks a continuing commitment by United Supermarkets and Market Street as original partners of the Take a Bite Out of Hunger™ program, sponsored by FirstFruits Marketing of Washington. FirstFruits created the program to help feed the underserved while bringing attention to the problem of food insecurity in the United States.”
Over the next week, United Family stores in Texas and New Mexico are set to donate more than 39,000 lbs. of apples.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Train derails near Sibley, Iowa
- Man behind ‘Keep Portland Weird’ says city not as weird anymore
- Child tax credits, jobless benefits and more: IRS highlights changes ahead of May 17 filing deadline
- Lawsuit filed against ‘Fixer to Fabulous’ hosts
- 22 people rescued after roller coaster in Arizona gets stuck