AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – According to The United Family, 1,000 pairs of socks will be donated to Salvation army following its ‘Pears for Pairs’ initiative on Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 10 a.m.
The donation will take place, according to the announcement, at the United Supermarkets located at 5807 SW 45th, in Amarillo.
From October through December of 2020, for each purchase of Rainier Fruit pears, a portion of the
proceeds were reported to have went to purchasing Hanes® socks to donate to organizations that support the homeless community.
The United Family reported that a total of 5,000 pairs of socks will be donated to charitable organizations in Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Lubbock, Abilene, and Witchita Falls.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: ISS space-walk with American and Japanese astronauts
- Get the corn, potatoes and water boiling, because its crawfish season!
- Can you spread coronavirus after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Lawmaker pushes for 3rd time to make Bible the state book of Tennessee
- ‘Satan’ says he was flirting, trying to get a date on Boston subway