AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The United Family and March of Dimes are celebrating 20 years of partnership with the launch of a news fundraising campaign.
Today, June 6, United on 45th is collecting donations at the register for the March of Dimes.
The money raised in this campaign go to help mothers and babies in Amarillo.
“So today we started our kickoff for the March For Babies scan tag program so were doing that through our registers so anybody that comes in to our stores you have the opportunity to donate from a dollar on up and all of those proceeds go to the March of Dimes,” said Fernando Noriega, Store Director of United Supermarkets.
Since 2001, the United Family and its guest have raised more than $1.1 million to support March of Dimes.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The heat is on this Father’s Day
- Local non-profit organization works to raise money for autism awareness one clay pigeon at a time
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers push for new infrastructure plan
- Martha’s Home hosts “Fourth Annual 0.5K Slack-A-Thon supporting at-risk women and children
- The precursor of Father’s Day was inspired by a tragic accident