AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Here are all the lane closures you should know about ahead of your commute this week.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- Monday through Wednesday, Jan. 3 through 5, Helium Road will be closed at I-40 westbound from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily while our contractor places concrete for drill shafts. There will be no access to Helium Road under the bridge these three days;
- Monday and Tuesday, Jan. 3 and 4, the westbound I-40 exit ramp to Lakeside Drive and the Airport Boulevard entrance ramp will be closed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Crews will make hot mix repairs and overlay the left two lanes of the I-40 westbound frontage road between Airport Boulevard and Lakeside Drive;
- On Tuesday, Jan. 4, the right lane of State Loop (SL) 335 will be closed at SH 136 for patching repairs;
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 4 and 5, the right lane of Lakeside Drive at I-40 and the eastbound turnaround will be closed for sidewalk demolition under the I-40 bridge, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m;
- The right lane of I-40 westbound will be closed at Ross Street and the I-40 westbound entrance ramp from Ross Street will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 3 and 4, for concrete repairs at Arthur Street;
- Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 5 and 6, the I-40 westbound exit ramp at Whitaker Road and the entrance ramp from Lakeside Drive will be closed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Crews will make hot mix repairs and overlay the left two lanes of the I-40 westbound frontage road between Lakeside Drive and Whitaker Road;
- On Wednesday, Jan. 5, the entrance ramp to SL 335 eastbound at FM 1719 (Western Street) will be closed for patching;
- The left lane of westbound Arnot Road will be closed Thursday, Jan. 5, for bridge joint repairs;
- On Thursday, Jan. 6, crews will be repairing riprap on the shoulders of SL 335 westbound at FM 1719 (Western Street) and on westbound 3rd Avenue at SL 335.
TxDOT asked drivers to use caution and slow down while passing through construction zones. The department also said all projects could be impacted by weather conditions, emergency work, and any other unexpected event.
Updates to road conditions across the state can always be found here.