AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Department of Transportation Amarillo division released its “Know Before You Go” report for the week of Oct. 22.
According to TxDOT, the following road closures for the week of Oct. 22 include:
Monday, October 23rd
- Beginning Monday, Oct. 23, expect short-term ramp closures both westbound and eastbound from Soncy Road to Pullman Road for maintenance operations and sign repair.
- Beginning Monday, Oct. 23, expect short-term ramp closures both northbound and southbound from the I-27 and I-40 interchange to Happy State Bank Stadium for maintenance operations and sign repair.
Tuesday, October 24th
- The left and center lanes of eastbound I-40 at the I-27 interchange will be closed for bridge joint repair.
Throughout the Week
- Various lanes of the Pierce Street bridge crossing from NE 3rd Ave. to SE 1st Ave. will be closed for routine maintenance.
- Both directions of U.S. 87 will be reduced to two lanes at the NE 15th Avenue Bridge for bridge deck reconstruction.
- Watch for one lane of traffic at various locations from the intersection of RM 1061 and Amarillo Boulevard to US 385 for hot mix laying and recess pavement marking. The operations are expected to continue through Oct. 31.
Officials asked drivers to go with caution and reduce speed through all work zones. Further, officials noted that project plans may change due to weather, emergency work, or unexpected events.