AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Here are the Amarillo area lane closures you need to be aware of on your weekly commute.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) said on Tuesday, May 25, the right lane of US 87 northbound will be closed at FM 1719 (Given Road) for patching repair work.
On Wednesday, May 26, drivers need to be aware of various lane closures on Lakeside Drive at I-40 and the westbound turnaround from 3 a.m. until after noon. Crews will pour the bridge deck at eastbound Lakeside Drive. TxDOT said the lane closure will start with the northbound right lane, then move as follows:
- Northbound left lane, turning lane, and the southbound turning lane
- Southbound right lane
On Thursday, May 27, Georgia Street will be closed under I-40, for progressive bridge deck pouring operations. TxDOT advised that Georgia Street will be closed one direction at a time, from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. This includes the turnarounds.
TxDOT encouraged drivers to allow extra time on commutes and plan for detours. Projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency events, unexpected developments and other potential changes.
For the latest road conditions, click here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Missing Tennessee 5-year-old Summer Wells’ dad thinks ‘someone snuck up on her and grabbed her’
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey
- ‘We’re having a road baby’: Tennessee woman gives birth on side of interstate
- Daredevil Alex Harvill dies while attempting world-record motorcycle jump
- California community college actively recruiting students south of the border