CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — TxDOT said it is adding stop signs on FM 2590 at Country Club Road, converting the intersection to an all-way stop condition.
Canyon Maintenance Section crews are scheduled to install and uncover the stop signs Monday, May 17, and advance stop-ahead signs will also be added to the intersection to alert motorist of the new stop conditions said TxDOT.
TxDOT said this conversion to an all-way stop is to improve safety and better control traffic in anticipation of the opening of Spring Canyon Elementary School in the fall of 2021.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- ‘Holidays are not healing’ says Texas history professor as Juneteenth becomes national holiday
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk
- Martha’s Home hosting Fourth Annual 0.5k Slack-A Thon