CLOVIS, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — Carlos Sanchez-Trillo and Adriana Diaz face multiple charges including kidnapping and aggravated battery, assault with intent to commit a violent felony, and possession of a firearm by a felon.
On Friday morning, the victim approached a Clovis landfill employee saying he had been shot.
He was transported to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Both are being held in the Curry County Jail.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness
- Protesters march in Asheville, leave casket full of dirt at police station
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives