CORRECTION: The Amarillo Police Department released the incorrect age of Anthony Adams. This story has been updated with the correct information.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Two bodies were found on the 300 block of south Jackson Street at around 5:19 a.m. after officers answered a suspicion call.
APD Homicide Detectives have been called to investigate, said the Department.
Update: According to APD, 27-year-old Jesus Maldonado and 43-year-old Anthony Adams were both shot and killed by the homeowner while attempting to burglarize a home.
APD said the homeowner was questioned by police and released.
APD Homicide Detectives are investigation, and the case will be presented to a Potter County Grand Jury.
This story will be updated as more information is released.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani for $1.3 billion
- Traffic redirected after wreck on 45th and Georgia Streets
- 15-year-old dies after fight in Louisiana Walmart; 4 girls arrested
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers ‘Stolen Auto Day’ – 2018 Toyota 4Runner
- Budweiser joins Coke, Pepsi brands in sitting out Super Bowl