TULIA, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Tulia Police have released more information on Wednesday’s shooting.
According to Tulia Police, an 80-year-old was admitted to the hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Police said the shooting happened at a home on the 100 block of North Gaines Ave.
A 17-year-old suspect was taken into custody.
Tulia Police said they have requested assistance from the Texas Rangers. The investigation is still going.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Randall Boys & Caprock Girls come away District 3-5A Champions
- “A very Texas thing:” Ding-dong ditch on horseback
- Troops and Packs host ‘Scouting for Hunger 2021’ food drive for High Plains Food Bank, surpass 2019 total
- Severe weather causes damage in Bay County
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape