UPDATE: The fire has been put out, but drivers should remain cautious in the area or otherwise choose a different route.
TEXAS (KAMR/KCIT) – A semi-truck fire has broken out on U.S. 287 about 5 miles north of the Canadian River, according to photos taken by Tiff West, a witness of the fire.
Traffic is currently backed up in the area, according to West.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Intoxicated man’s encounter with Colorado police goes from handcuffs to handshake
- Watch the thin crescent moon pass these three planets this week
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers searching for burglary suspect
- Newsfeed Now: FBI officials identify culprits in cyberattack of Colonial Pipeline; Young author wins Girl Scout Gold Award for publishing book
- Cyberattack shuts down major pipeline, Biden promises action