AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The Texas Department of Transportation has issued a notice regarding road closures expected for this week.
According to the report:
- FM 245 will be closed Monday through Wednesday, April 5 – 7 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily from SH 136 to FM 683 while crew work on widening the roadway. Traffic will be detoured to FM 293.
- Starting Monday, April 5, the Texas turnarounds at Lakeside Drive will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. while the contractor sets deck panels on the Lakeside Drive bridge beams. Later in the week, lanes will close intermittently across Lakeside Drive as they continue to set the deck panels. This will continue through the week.
- Wednesday, April 7 through Saturday, April 10, the left lane if I-40 eastbound will be closed about 1,000 feet before Pullman Road to the I-40/US 287 split to remove the portable barrier. This closure will be in place from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily each day.
- As bridge rehabilitation work continues along I-40 at Georgia Street, the right lane of I-40 is closed in both directions from the Georgia Street exit ramp to the Paramount Boulevard to I-40 entrance ramp.
- The I-40 westbound exit ramp to Georgia Street will also close starting Tuesday, April 6.
- Beginning Friday, April 9 through Monday, April 12, Georgia Street and the Texas turnarounds will be closed under I-40 for bridge demolition. Follow posted detours to either Crockett Street or Paramount Boulevard.
TxDOT also reminded that the projects are subject to changes because of weather, emergency work, or other unexpected events.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- As conservative bills pick up steam, Democrats plan to put up a fight before midnight deadline in Texas House
- Smell at Louisiana hotel turns out to be guest storing gas, fire officials say
- Mother-son pair to cross same graduation stage, with degrees from Minot State