CLAUDE, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has started to design a project to construct a traffic signal at the intersection of US 287 and SH 207 in Claude.
The project comes after, TxDOT said, a traffic study conducted in March showed that conditions at that intersection warrant the installation of a traffic signal.
TxDOT said, “TxDOT has begun the preliminary design and is moving forward with project development and letting. The project is still in the early stages of development, but the anticipated timeline is to take bids for the project in the summer of 2022 and start construction in late 2022.”
More updates and timelines as the project continues are expected to be provided by TxDOT.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- How a quick thumb-palm test can determine patient’s risk of having aneurysm
- Ambulance stolen in Utica chased by police into Rochester, NYSP says
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ousted, new government takes power
- TxDOT Amarillo’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 13-June 19
- I rode the Tesla of electric bikes and it completely changed the way I think about getting around town