UPDATE: The detour has been reported lifted by TxDOT, though flaggers are directing traffic into the east lane until the west lane of US 54 has been cleared.
DALHART, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – US 54 has been closed four miles west of Dalhart, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). The closure stretches from the FM 998 intersection, to the south FM 694 intersection.
TxDOT said that traffic is being rerouted to FM 694.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area if possible, or otherwise be aware of the detour.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- West Texas A&M University is airing a student filmed documentary
- Wildlife manager finds $1.2M in cocaine while surveying Florida sea turtle nests
- House approves bill to make Juneteenth a federal holiday
- El Paso County Judge says Trump should pay debt related to campaign rally during border visit
- El Paso County Judge says health care and vaccines more pressing than Abbott border wall proposal