UPDATE: According to TxDOT Amarillo, traffic signal installation that was schedule for June 3 was postponed until June 4, with lane closures beginning at 9 a.m. The work is expected to take most of the day.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – New traffic signal poles and mast arms will be installed tonight on 45th Avenue at I-27, starting at 7 p.m.
According to TxDOT Amarillo, there will be lane closures along the I-27 frontage roads. On 45th Avenue, traffic will be down to one lane and stopped when the signal poles are being lifted into place.
Drivers are advised to expect delays in various directions around the area, until all poles have been installed.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The Secret to Brandon Fugal’s Success on Jessop’s Journal. (Yes, he’s also the owner of Skinwalker Ranch)
- Maryland lifts COVID-19 state of emergency, Hogan says
- 4 killed, 4 injured in Englewood mass shooting
- Listen to Free Digital Exclusive Concert with Ashley Hess on Jessop’s Jukebox
- Danger in the water; how to spot and avoid rip currents at the beach