AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Downtown Women’s Center celebrated three women who graduated from their recovery program at the First Presbyterian Church on Sunday, Feb. 23.
More than 100 women have successfully completed the DWC recovery program, which is a two to three-year program. The DWC said it is proud of the three most recent graduates: April, Brittany, and Darla.
The recovery program is to help turn women’s lives around to become better mothers and productive members of society.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Possible Storms toward eastern counties
- City of Lubbock confirms first COVID-19 death
- Texas DPS to screen travelers coming from quarantined areas
- ‘I’ve Never felt like this ever’: Iowa man shares his experience with COVID-19
- Checkpoints set up along Florida-Alabama border to keep COVID-19 from spreading in the sunshine state