LUBBOCK, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The United Family said that using reusable bags instead of single-use plastic can make a difference for the environment.
The United Family said in the United States nearly 100 billion plastic bags are used each year; with the average person using between 350 and 500. That according to ReuseThisBag.com.
At United Supermarkets, Market Street, Albertsons Market and Amigos, guests are incentivized to replace their plastic bags with reusable bags for a small discount of 5 cents per reusable bag at checkout.
Guests can even use their own reusable bags when getting curbside groceries through StreetSide said the United Family.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Lawsuit filed against ‘Fixer to Fabulous’ hosts
- 22 people rescued after roller coaster in Arizona gets stuck
- Carson Wentz takes in first experience at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Hundreds of bodies found buried along riverbanks of India
- ‘Delivering the science’: CDC director defends decision to ditch masks