HEREFORD, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Hereford Police Department has asked everyone to avoid the area around the 1000 block of Plains Ave between Elm St and Fir St.
According to the Hereford Police Department, a large ground saturation of natural gas has been detected and must be extracted.
The Hereford Police Department said this may take some time, and several residences have been evacuated to create a safe zone around the area. Emergency services are on scene.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Get the corn, potatoes and water boiling, because its crawfish season!
- Can you spread coronavirus after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Lawmaker pushes for 3rd time to make Bible the state book of Tennessee
- ‘Satan’ says he was flirting, trying to get a date on Boston subway
- Smash-and-grab robber targets TikTok’s Fleetwood Mac skateboarder guy