AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) —The Don Harrington Discovery Center is doing science experiments online for families to do while at home during quarantine.
The DHDC recently started ‘Discover-At-Home’ an initiative that offers free online science experiment videos for families to follow along to.
One of DHDC’s at-home science experiments is called, ‘Magic Milk’, an experiment that includes milk, dish soap, and food coloring. When all the ingredients are added together, a reaction occurs, resulting in a rainbow of colors.
The DHDC said they will be doing the at-home science experiments a few times per week, and that their videos will be ongoing due to them being closed to the public.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Indian Association of Amarillo donates to High Plains Food Bank
- Illinois boy designs kids’ hospital gown, draws inspiration from sister’s surgeries
- Top stories: Beer’s back; Mayors demand funding; Census push
- Texas Health and Human Services helping feed students through food benefits