AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Economic Development Corporation considering expanding the Foreign Trade Zone Beyond airport grounds.
According to President and CEO Kevin Carter, the Foreign Trade Zone item would allow a business to take advantage of the FTZ without being inside the current area.
The expansion would affect all of Potter, Randall, Oldham, and Armstrong Counties.
It would also allow the AEDC to designate an alternate site with a business that imports and exports internationally.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Area Girls Texas UIL High School State Golf Tournament Results
- Amarillo High Student Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
- Video shows fighter’s incredible knockout kick in first-ever MMA fight
- Man accused of buying $58K SUV with stolen ID, posing for photo at dealership
- Amarillo City Council held a special meeting at the Civic Center