LUBBOCK, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Tech Athletics Department confirmed on Monday, June 15, there have been recent positive tests for COVID-19 within its football, men’s track and field, and women’s basketball programs.
The Athletics Department said each student-athlete who had tested positive had been self-isolated following CDC guidelines and City of Lubbock Health Department procedures for a positive test, including contact tracing.
The department said those who tested positive will be monitored daily from the athletic department’s sports medicine staff and team physicians.
The department also said the health, safety, and well-being of their student-athletes and staff is their top priority as a university and athletics department.
Due to privacy laws, the University said they will not give out information regarding specific people and their health.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- Atmos Energy donates $1 Million to help customers
- Increase in asymptomatic COVID-19 cases at Neal Unit
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe