AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Panhandle War Memorial Center celebrated Armed Forces day with a free breakfast for military veterans, as well as an open house. The event took place from 9:30 a.m. until noon.
Event officials said service providers also attended the event to inform veterans of a variety of resources and services available to them.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hot weekend ahead with late storms for Father’s Day
- Missing Tennessee 5-year-old Summer Wells’ dad thinks ‘someone snuck up on her and grabbed her’
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey
- ‘We’re having a road baby’: Tennessee woman gives birth on side of interstate
- Daredevil Alex Harvill dies while attempting world-record motorcycle jump