AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Flights carrying Texas firefighters will be headed to California today, in an effort to assist with the fires that have devastated the region in recent weeks.
On Monday (Sep. 28), two flights transporting firefighters from Lubbock and Randall County passed through Amarillo.
Today (Sep. 29) nearly 170 Texas Firefighters will depart for California as well. These include firefighters representing areas in and around Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Amarillo.
In addition, around 170 firefighters will be returning home from weeks spent in California for the same cause.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Surf photographer severely injured after facing monster wave
- Man connected to U.S. Capitol riot surrenders to federal authorities
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won