AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — According to city officials, Hodgetown was named the “Best Economic Gamechanger” out of Texas cities with a population of more than 50,000.
The award comes from the Texas Downtown Association’s presidential awards.
TDA sponsors the annual program to recognize outstanding projects, places, and people of the Lone Star State.
The city says Hodgetown brought 400,000 people to downtown in its first season.
“So it’s my pleasure today to present the mayor with another trophy, and this is from the Texas Downtown Association as the best economic gamechanger in the state of Texas for cities over 50,000 population. Congratulations, mayor,” said Beth Duke from the Center City of Amarillo.
Hodgetown won the TDA president’s award for best construction last year.
The full-length virtual award presentation is included below:
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Maxwell’s Pumpkin Farm opens First Magical Christmas Festival this weekend
- Gracie’s Project offers tips on those getting pets this holiday season
- 11 wounded in ‘mass shooting’ at Grenada biker club
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!
- Wisconsin counties finish recount, confirms Biden’s win over Trump