AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Tascosa High School senior walk took place May 25, around 11:10 a.m., according to Tascosa High School.
The bus left Tascosa at 11:00 a.m. and went straight to Bivins Elementary.
The elementary school’s principal, RJ Soleyjacks, shared that this provided the soon-to-be graduates another chance to walk through the halls and see some of their old teachers.
Soleyjacks shared that he was able to speak with some of the seniors about their time at Bivins. He stated, “That love of education, and that their viewpoint of what is possible, started here at Bivins Elementary School. So I was just proud to hear that from the students and know that our impact isn’t lost when kids leave this school. It just grows.”
Tascosa High School’s graduation ceremony will take place Friday, May 28, at Dick Bivins Stadium.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Politics Today for June 20, 2021
- The heat is on this Father’s Day
- Local non-profit organization works to raise money for autism awareness one clay pigeon at a time
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers push for new infrastructure plan
- Martha’s Home hosts “Fourth Annual 0.5K Slack-A-Thon supporting at-risk women and children