Said Sanford-Fritch ISD about the elementary school lockdown, “We are continuing with a lockdown outside the building; however, we will be moving to shelter-in-place inside the building. This allows students to go to lunch, PE, and change classes. No students or staff members may leave or be outside the building until further notice.”
UPDATE 10:30 a.m.:
Sanford-Fritch ISD has announced that the suspect at large after a shooting in Borger is driving a brown or tan Chevrolet S10 pickup. The elementary school has been locked down, due to the District saying the suspect has “an association with someone on Hoyne near the elementary.”
BORGER, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The Borger Police Department has reported that a suspect is at large, and two victims are in the hospital, after a shooting at 2nd and Bryan streets.
Said the Borger Police Department, “This was a targeted incident, this is NOT an active shooter situation. We have notified area medical facilities and Borger High School due to the proximity of this incident. Again there is no known threat to any of those locations but they were notified out of an abundance of caution.”
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- As conservative bills pick up steam, Democrats plan to put up a fight before midnight deadline in Texas House
- Smell at Louisiana hotel turns out to be guest storing gas, fire officials say
- Mother-son pair to cross same graduation stage, with degrees from Minot State