STRATFORD, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A 17-year-old has been charged in a hit and run where a person from Sunray was killed.
35-year-old Lauro Escobar died after being hit on US 287, 10 miles south of Stratford on July 25. Officials said they were trying to change a flat tire.
According to DPS, Cody Rinne, 17, of Stratford turned himself in a few days after the wreck. He has been charged with Failure to Stop and Render Aid and Tampering with Evidence, both of which are felony charges.
The case has been turned over to the 69th District Attorney’s Office.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Best Buy releases Black Friday advertisement and hours
- PHOTOS: Snowstorms bring damage across Amarillo area
- Big Game Bound Week 8: Key AFC, NFC matchups
- Wisconsin GOP says hackers stole $2.3 million from Trump reelection effort
- Group of local churches delivering treat bags to healthcare workers