AUSTIN, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The state of Texas has recognized an Amarillo teacher for her nomination in the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching program.
Amarillo High teacher Kay Fincher was recognized as a finalist for the Science award.
Fincher is nominated with two other teachers in the science category and three teachers were nominated as mathematics finalists.
The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching program identifies outstanding mathematics and science teachers in each state and the four U.S. jurisdictions.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Georgia certifies runoff results, cementing Democratic wins for 2 US Senate seats
- Texas lawmaker files bill to ban the display of firearms at public demonstrations
- Texas man who stormed the Capitol threatened to shoot children for being ‘traitors’ and turning him in
- Infant found with mother’s body in parked vehicle in Missouri
- Rhode Island woman donates $1.7 million house to community center