UPDATE: One person has died after an accident involving a semi-trailer and a car that shut down Highway 136 south of Fritch this morning.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, it appeared that the semi-trailer was southbound on 136 when a car, northbound on the highway, veered into the southbound lane and struck the semi-trailer head-on.
Traffic is still being diverted, said DPS, as the investigation is still ongoing.
FRITCH, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Highway 136 is currently shut down after a crash involving a semi-trailer south of the Fritch city limit.
Said the Texas Department of Public Safety, “Northbound traffic is being diverted at Matador Road and southbound traffic is being diverted at Lakeview Drive.”
Drivers are encouraged to take a different route, and otherwise use caution in the area.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Looking to buy a home? US mortgage rates fall for 4th straight week
- Prince Harry says he contemplated quitting royal life several times in his 20s
- Police continue to investigate Providence shooting that injured 9
- 9 people injured in Rhode Island shooting, police say
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives