SPEARMAN, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Spearman chief of police, Lance Swan, has been let go by the city, that according to Spearman Mayor Tobe Shields.
Mayor Shields said Swan was terminated for cause due to his actions related to extending a contract with PeaceMaker Technologies without authorization against the orders of the city manager.
Mayor Shields said the termination is effective as of Monday, April 5.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- As conservative bills pick up steam, Democrats plan to put up a fight before midnight deadline in Texas House
- Smell at Louisiana hotel turns out to be guest storing gas, fire officials say
- Mother-son pair to cross same graduation stage, with degrees from Minot State