AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — On Saturday, May 1 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., South Georgia Elementary is hosting ‘Lemonade Day,’ a learning program that aims to teach kids how to start, own and operate their own business through a lemonade stand, according to a news release from the school.
Located at 5018 Susan Dr., the program is a classroom lesson for all second-grade classes in Amarillo ISD, but other AISD students from 3rd to 5th grade have chosen to take part in the citywide event, the school said.
For more information on the program visit www.lemonadeday.org/amarillo
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas Panhandle War Memorial Center hosts free breakfast for veterans, celebrates Armed Forces Day
- Armed Forces Day banquet held to honor military members
- Another Chance House hosts open house, highlights second chance living for residents
- More storms on the horizon
- ‘Blaze Coffee Benefit Ride’ strolls out motorcycles for charity