CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — West Texas A&M University announced the college of Education and Social Sciences is joining a distinct group of six minority serving institution educator preparation programs.
The six institutions will participate in Branch Alliance for Educator Diversity’s National Teacher Preparation Transformation Center.
According to WT, the goal of the three-year program is for the college to produce highly qualified and diverse teachers while addressing critical issues of educational equality for all students.
For more information, LaMarriol Smith of Branch Alliance can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-519-0249 Ext. 103.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- APH reports 37 new cases of COVID-19, 15 recoveries, 3 deaths
- Texas House passes statewide camping ban; how it would affect Austin’s response to Prop. B
- Fetal ‘heartbeat’ bill passes in Texas House; would ban abortions once heartbeat is detected
- City of Amarillo approves petition, announces mayoral election recount
- Homeowner files bias complaint after removal of Black art, photos leads to $100K appraisal increase