CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — As the popular Queen song goes, can somebody find me, somebody, to love? Well, the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum will more than likely not be able to help you out with that but they can find you something to love.
That something is art.
It’s called the “Hearts for Art” exhibit. Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum is one of hundreds of museums across the country participating in the exhibit in which visitors are given little paper pink hearts.
Visitors will then take those hearts and lay them by the work of art that they love. Museum Marketing Director Stephanie Price says it offers fun and a little different way to celebrate Valentine’s.
“It’s just a way for people to explore museums as a Valentine’s opportunity. Like a date night, a Galentine’s, or whatever you want to do it for, but it’s a way to show appreciation for the art and artifacts we have in our collection,” said Price.
If you have not been able to make it to the museum just yet to do this, do not worry, you still have one more day to do this. The exhibit will come to an end on Saturday, February 15th.
For more information on the exhibit and the other exhibits the museum has to offer, click here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Doctors, nurses face ‘moral injury’ dilemma with COVID patients
- US State Department sending new consul general to Juarez
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera found dead at California lake
- Woman accused of killing husband in Ohio arrested in Las Vegas following nationwide search
- Lawmakers hope other teams will follow Redskins’ lead