MOORE COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Office of the Sheriff said Sheriff J.E. “Bo” DeArmond will retire on Dec. 31 as Sheriff of Moore County.
Sheriff DeArmond has served in law enforcement for 42 years and has served with the Moore County Sheriff’s Office for 32 years.
“It has been one of my greatest honors serving the citizens of Moore County as Sheriff. In my time as
Sheriff, I have faced many difficult decisions. In those times I have been comforted by knowing that I have the support of some of the greatest citizens in the State of Texas.” said Sheriff DeArmond in a statement.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Monarch butterflies down 26% in Mexico wintering grounds
- Dallas native and legendary actress Irma P. Hall talks career and diversity in the film industry
- Caught on camera: Workers damage family’s new fridge during delivery
- ‘Great leader’: Principal fixes haircut of student who refused to go to class on first day of school
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s who would get $1,400 under the House relief plan