SHAMROCK, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The St. Patrick’s Association of Shamrock announced that due to public health, safety, and economic concerns, the 2021 St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – scheduled for March 18-21 – will be cancelled.
The official statement read, “The voting committee, made up of current and past general chairpersons, reviewed state guidelines concerning public gatherings and active case and hospitalization rates and their implications. The committee also considered input from 20 local, regional, and state health, government, industry, and school officials before voting unanimously to suspend the 2021 event and to focus on planning the 2022 75th Diamond Jubilee St. Patrick’s Celebration which will be held on March 17-20, 2022.”
The committee members, said the Association, expressed regret at such a decision, but after discussion agreed. Questions or comments can be directed to 2021 St. Patrick’s Chairman Mickey Mitchell via email at email@example.com.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- West Texas A&M receives COVID-19 protocol guidance from Texas A&M System
- Breast milk of vaccinated mothers may protect babies from COVID-19, study suggests
- APH reports 32 new cases of COVID-19, 70 recoveries in the Amarillo area
- Last group of asylum-seekers on MPP program expected to cross into Brownsville
- Randall County officials waiting on autopsy results of man killed in crash, shooting Tuesday night