AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A semi-truck carrying crude oil overturned in a wreck involving one other vehicle earlier today. It happened at the intersection of SE 10th & Taylor.
According to the Amarillo Fire Department, another vehicle was involved in the crash, but there were no reported injuries in the crash. The driver of the semi-truck was taken to an Amarillo hospital as a precaution. Traffic was blocked in multiple directions for several hours for towing and cleanup.
AFD said no oil spilled in the wreck and it was offloaded safely. The semi-truck was moved shortly after.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Crash involving car and bus on I-10 leaves 1 dead, 3 seriously injured
- How do I cure a hangover?
- More than 800 turtles found ‘swimming’ in storm drains along Jersey Shore
- Austin City Hall surrounded by tents during camp-in protest of new public camping ban
- Taste alone won’t persuade Americans to swap out beef for plant-based burgers