AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) are working together to create safety improvements at the intersection of Western St. and Hollywood Rd.
According to The City of Amarillo, starting Aug. 6, four-way stop signs and overhead flashing red light indicators will be activated at the intersection.
The intersection was converted from a signalized intersection to a two-way stop following construction of the intersection overpass by TxDOT.
Due to growth in this area and more traffic, a study was done in 2019 to determine if a four-way stop was needed for safety enhancements. The study found the intersection met all requirements for a four-way stop plus the addition of overhead flashing signals.
According to the City of Amarillo, on Aug. 6, the intersection will have stop signs and stop bars for east and west traffic on frontage roads. There will also be stop signs, stop bars, and overhead flashing red beacons for north and south traffic.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro fears he won’t bake again after grisly bowling injury
- Florida deputy reunited with 5-year-old girl she saved 3 years ago
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- UT-Austin student sets sights on becoming a doctor after losing her father to COVID-19
- Subway sandwiches too sugary to meet ‘definition of bread,’ Irish court rules