CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – According to an announcement from the West Texas A&M University;
“Due to the rolling blackouts and continued winter weather advisory, and our concern for the safety of all associated with WT, West Texas A&M University will now be closed Tuesday, Feb. 16, and Wednesday, Feb. 17, including the Harrington Academic Hall WTAMU Amarillo Center.”
All classes will be cancelled, but the University did say that essential personnel (SSC, ARAMARK< and UPD) will need to report to campus.
UPDATE: WT has now cancelled all classes for the remainder of the week, and the campus will be closed through Friday as well. All essential personnel, as previously noted, are still expected to report to campus.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- 81-year-old ‘Fitness Gran’ takes over TikTok
- ‘I just want to be an average human’: 13-year-old science lover who lost his mom looking for a new family
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- Texas lawmakers grill energy providers, state regulators over deadly winter storm failures