AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Bubba’s 33, Chick-Fil-A, Mikes Bar-B-Q, and Nothing Bundt Cakes joined together to sponsor a Special Olympics kick ball tournament.
This event included Special Olympics athletes from across the region.
“So this year since they’re still only at 50% because of COVID, they’re not out to compete at activities, so we thought let’s do something for them to let them have fun and actually get out to enjoy themselves,” said Michael Davila, Bubba’s 33 Owner.
It was held at HODGETOWN from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The restaurants are also raising money for Special Olympics Texas.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Top 10 2020-2021 Moments #7: Clarendon Boy’s Basketball claim the 2A State Championship
- AISD preparing for a possible future bond election
- Father gives daughter life-saving present as living organ donor
- Family says social media challenge led to death of 9-year-old Tennessee boy
- 5-year-old boy injured in hit-and-run gets limo ride to preschool graduation